Overview: Maryland Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists
- Provider: NBCC #5951
- Cycle: Renewal every 2 years
- Next Renewal: Feb 1, 2021
- Total Requirement: 40 credit hours required; 10 may be earned with CE-credit.com.
- NBCC #5951
License renews every two years on February 1st.
40 credit hours required per renewal period, 10 may be from distant learning (Category B) courses.
1. Forty hours are required. At least 30 hours must be in “Category A” activities. Not more than 10 hours maybe in “Category B activities.”
2. “Category A” activities include the following: a course; workshop; seminar, or symposium. Author, editor, or review of a juried publication.
3. “Category B” activities include attending or presenting informal courses, in-house colloquia, invited speaker sessions, in-house seminars, and case conferences which are specifically designed for training, teaching; individualized learning, such as receiving formal professional supervision (except administrative supervision), participating in distance learning programs with evidence of appropriateness, minimum mastery of materials and completion.
4. The following are excluded from continuing education credit:
Business Meetings, professional committee meetings, and meetings concerned with the management of a professional practice. Presentations and publications intended for a lay audience and Home Study.
Maryland Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists
Applicability and Disclaimer
This CE approval information applies to these professionals in Maryland:
- Marriage & Family Therapists
Carefully read your state licensure renewal requirements as some jurisdictions have specific topic requirements or limits on the number of accepted Online/Home Study credits.
State laws often change, so please remember it is your responsibility for interpreting your state's laws, licensure requirements, course relevancy and all requirements for your state.